Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Apologies - Distractions from Blogging

Hello everyone out there !!!  my APOLOGIES for the very long delay in updates...

This break has been unintentional... 
but due to several 'distractions' that have kept me from sitting down and giving time to record and share more about our "building sanctuary" experience...

MOVING into our house finally (at the end of Sept) found me totally EXHAUSTED... I was low on energy to even unpack and set up let alone blog about it all... So I gave myself permission to take my time settling in... and NOT be a super woman! whew! This has kept me sane and made the setting up a much more realistic task.

Then when I did do any work on the computer I had to prioritise my paid work... so I didn't really get beyond that... (yup nil blogging doh!)

Then came the Christmas Holidays!!!! I was soooo looking forward to these... the first chance in a very, very long time where we could just enjoy our family space and relax in our new house.
This meant once again that I chose not to do any extra tasks above my basic family needs and time together...

Anyway, that said... I yesterday went to check on the blog site and I couldn't find it! It had disappeared for some reason and I panicked... what if a site is taken down if there is no new posts for 3 months... Maybe I had LOST all the records of our building journey??? Ahhhh!

So, upon checking the internet again today - I have rediscovered the site - it must have just been a glitch... Thank God!!!!  But I don't want to risk it disappearing again so here is a small post to say...
"I'm STILL around... 
I still intend to finish what I have started with this blog - visually recording the journey of building our house, finding a sanctuary as a family etc..."  

It is just going to be at a slower pace for a while...



This year, upon completing the blogging about our house construction adventure - I hope to continue sharing stories of our family and our lifestyle... with lots of pics of course... So stay tuned (patiently haha)... I will be back more regularly this year with more to show you all :)))

TODAY however, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by the current devastating flooding in Queensland.  This natural disaster is proving increasingly terrible for so many people and homes in our State.... In the midst of it all, stories are filtering through of fantastic people (wonderful aussies) who are selflessly helping support each other (eg. strangers turning up in utes to help move people to higher ground)... I am personally feeling somewhat helpless to assist (being away from directly affected sites etc) but am praying hard for all those out there in the midst of it all... I encourage anyone who can to donate and help out wherever possible... Click here to help out!

Hope to be back soon...

Peace - here's a couple of rainbows to finish with....

Happy New Year for 2011







4 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear that you're moved in. And it's really such a good thing that you gave yourself a break from blogging and just took your time settling in. Can't wait to hear more whenever you're ready to share. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the rainbow photo. Happy New Years memories. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am a new follower! :) love your blog!Erin

    www.purplebookbloggingmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tea!!! I really hope to update some more soon - ur comment is really encouraging and accepting - i truly appreciate such support ... Esther - I'm loving hanging w u this year! Yay!.... Erin, welcome! It's bin so long since I posted anything that ur comment surprised me! Thanks for the blog love :))) I just quickly headed over ur way and can see that I will enjoy reading ur 'family adventures' on ur blog too :))) peace!

    ReplyDelete